Want to be a part of the brand that is the Choice of Champions? Take your career to the next level and join Elite Sportswear, the world leader in gymnastics apparel manufacturing! For over 35 years we have been committed to creating high quality garments and hiring high quality employees. If you are looking for an exciting employment opportunity with a growing, team-oriented company, you’ve come to the right place.
Join Elite Sportswear and help create the products worn by the US National Team, International Olympians, and World Champions. We are looking for an Equipment Operator/Forklift Operator join the Elite Team at our Reading Home Office.
A Distribution Center (DC) Equipment Operator will perform functions that may include receiving and stocking incoming material, replenishing pick locations, picking and filling orders, packing and shipping orders, handling and inspecting returns and organizing, counting and otherwise processing product at the DC while operating one or more types of Material Handling Equipment and Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT).
High School diploma or equivalent preferred
Warehouse, Retail, Manufacturing or Service Industry experience preferred
Computer and Mobile Device experience preferred
PIT (Forklift, Pallet Jack, Stock Picker) and/or Box Truck experience required – previous OSHA Certification strongly preferred
- Must read, write and communicate successfully in English
- Must work and operate all equipment safely and maintain a clean, organized environment
- Must understand all applicable Systems and follow the established Rules, Processes and SOPs related to both DC Operations and personal behavior
- Must demonstrate the ability and aptitude necessary to operate PIT and Box Trucks safely and efficiently
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a positive attitude and the ability to learn, change and adapt in a dynamic environment
- Must successfully take direction and work cooperatively and collaboratively within a Team
- Must be organized, motivated, dependable and punctual
- Must achieve OSHA PIT Certification and maintain a clean Driving Record along with a valid Motor Vehicle License (Box Truck)
- Must safely lift 50 pounds — infrequently
- Must safely lift between 15 and 25 pounds — frequently
- Must safely walk, stand, bend, climb and reach
- Must have good eye-hand-foot coordination and balance
- Must have good manual hand/finger dexterity
- Must have the ability to work successfully in varying temperatures and conditions, depending upon season