Reading, PA 19604
Want to be a part of the brand that is the Choice of Champions? Take your career to the next level and join Elite Sportswear, the world leader in gymnastics apparel manufacturing! For over 35 years we have been committed to creating high quality garments and hiring high quality employees. If you are looking for an exciting employment opportunity with a growing, team-oriented company, you’ve come to the right place.
Join Elite Sportswear and help create the products worn by the US National Team, International Olympians, and World Champions. We are looking for an Inventory Planner to join the Elite Team at our Reading Headquarters.
The Inventory Planner provides forecast recommendations for all products and provides analysis on product sales trends. This position works with our forecasting software, ERP software and sales reports to generate purchase orders and make purchasing and demand recommendations. Uses historical company and industry knowledge to make timely forecasting updates. The Inventory Planner reports to the Director of Demand Planning.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee in-season management of category/style level plans (including ongoing assessments and updates to purchase orders)
- Purchase Order execution and follow up
- Analyze and interpret purchasing/trend information regularly and re-mix style forecasts as customer demand changes
- Maintains Purchasing Records and related documentation
- Compile necessary reporting, metrics and analyses to identify and solve problems that would improve the performance of the forecasting and planning process.
- Responsible for reporting excess and obsolete inventory and to develop plans to liquidate inventory
- Coordinate with key stakeholders on product lifecycle to evaluate inventory to meet projected demand and minimize overstock and replenishment issues
- Spearhead the purchasing process while aligning with the company’s revenue and inventory goals and requirements
- Breakdown high level sales forecasts into category, style and sku level for purchasing plans and monthly reporting
- Conceptualize and develop trend analysis and product performance reports to assist in the product planning, markdown and purchasing phases
- Coordinates with the warehouse to oversee receiving process
- Works with AP to resolve supplier invoice and payment issues
- Participate in planning meetings and prepare necessary tools for optimal demand analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Accounting or Supply Chain Management or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in demand planning, inventory analysis and management
- Experience with forecasting software- Direct Tech preferred
- Must understand forecasting and projection curves
- Highest degree of confidentiality expected
- Direct to consumer (catalog, ecommerce) experience desired
- Apparel and accessory background preferred
- Proficiency with ERP software as well as Microsoft Office
- Ability to analyze and present data to all levels within the company
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow through is required
- Excellent verbal and written skills
How to Apply:
- Submit your resume with salary requirements via Indeed