Want to be a part of the brand that is the Choice of Champions? Take your career to the next level and join Elite Sportswear, (Reading, PA) the world leader in gymnastics apparel manufacturing! For over 35 years we have been committed to creating high quality garments and hiring the best employees. We are also known for providing world-class swimwear and cheerleading apparel. If you are looking for an exciting leadership opportunity with a growing, team-spirited company, you’ve come to the right place.
The Director of Customer Service position is responsible for maintaining effective customer service for all external and internal Elite Sportswear customers by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs. Provides leadership and mentoring to a team of Customer Service representatives and serves as an agent for change.
- Develops and implements procedures and policies that drive customer satisfaction and customer retention
- Creates, develops, maintains and presents on customer metrics to necessary parties – presents metrics data during team meetings
- Partners with marketing and sales teams on promotions while increasing sales through customer interaction
- Partners with Elite Sportswear San Diego team to provide consistency and training across all brands
- Partners with the management team to align customer service function with the company’s overall goals and objectives
- Addresses customer concerns and ensures effective and long-term problem resolution
- Works closely with Production team and other Elite departments while improving programs and procedures to ensure on-time delivery and customer satisfaction
- Maintains in-depth working knowledge of Elite Sportswear’s systems and processes
- Sets performance standards and procedures that ensure we meet required service goals
- Coordinates and conducts regular training sessions for customer service team members, mainly through lunch & learn format
- Measures Customer Service Representatives’ performance and makes relevant training and employment decisions
- Provides feedback to executive leadership regarding service failures or customer concerns
- Provides feedback to Operations team to ensure all customers have accurate and timely information on order status and/or change
- Assists Customer Service Representatives, Sales Representatives and Dealers in troubleshooting orders that require special handling, in a timely manner
- Serves as an ambassador for Elite Sportswear – ensuring engagement and satisfaction for our team members, customers, sales reps, dealers, partners and vendors
- Works to maintain relevant industry and customer service best practices and is committed to his/her professional development
- Keeps abreast of industry changes and cutting edge call center models to ensure success
- Embraces Elite Sportswear mission & culture and works continuously to drive process improvement, employee engagement and customer satisfaction
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Articulate and well-spoken communication, both orally and in writing. Comfortable presenting to groups
- Remains calm under pressure and is customer focused
- Employee engagement – serves as a coach and a leader to customer service team members
- Data driven – understands how to develop, create and interpret business metrics
- Identifies problems, brings them to light and creates plan for improvement
- Results driven
- Understands metrics and makes business decisions using necessary data
- Strong computer and technical skills
- Understands ERP functionality and order-to-delivery standards
This position manages Customer Service employees and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of Elite Sportswear Customer Service team members.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday – Friday and periodic Saturdays during busy season
The ideal candidate will have a “do what it takes” attitude and will be ready to hit the ground running.
Travel to our San Diego, California is required. Additionally, periodic travel to meet with various vendors and partners is required, sometimes internationally.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or communications and 5-8 years of customer service leadership or inside sales leadership or call center leadership experience strongly preferred; however, we will consider candidates with relevant consistent management experience
- Knowledge of Infor M3 and Talkdesk technologies strongly preferred
- Understanding of program outsourcing and building partnerships with call center vendors required
- Customer service experience within a manufacturing or distribution environment strongly preferred
- Competency with Microsoft and Outlook products required
- Knowledge of call center procedures and best practices required
- Understanding of coaching with DISC profile assessment tools strongly preferred
Relocation will be provided for the ideal candidate.