Reading, PA 19604
Elite Sportswear, LP is following all CDC guidelines during the Covid-19 pandemic and requires all team members to wear a mask, practice social distancing and have their temperature taken upon arrival to work. Our facilities are cleaned throughout the workday and specialized deep cleaning is conducted weekly. Additionally, we randomly test for Covid-19.
We offer exceptional benefits including: paid time off, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, life/accident/disability, flexible spending, health savings account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K, meals during busy season, cool fun events and more!
Be a part of the brand that is the Choice of Champions! Take your career to the next level and join Elite Sportswear, the world leader in gymnastics apparel manufacturing! For over 35 years, we have been committed to creating high quality garments and hiring high quality employees. If you are looking for an exciting employment opportunity with a growing, team-oriented company, you’ve come to the right place.
Join Elite Sportswear and help create the products worn by the US National Team, International Olympians, and World Champions. We are looking for a Fashion Designer to join the Elite Team at our Reading, PA Headquarters.
As the designer of our new Sportswear division, you will be responsible for bringing passion, innovation and inspiration to the design of the warm-up, practice wear, fitness & fan-wear collections. You will be responsible for designing multiple collections & capsule collections throughout the year and will work closely with our Merchandising, Design, Technical Design teams and a large cross-functional team.
- Follow the development calendar and meet all deadlines
- Research global markets in order to identify new trends, silhouettes, fabrics, techniques and embellishments
- Partner with R&D to research and develop new fabrics and trims
- Actively collaborate with the Design team in the creation of seasonal trend presentations
- Balance fashion and trend with core assortment needs to fulfill line plans, meet target price points, and design cohesive collections
- Perform other duties as needed
- Minimum of 5 years of design experience in athletic/fitness apparel
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design, Apparel, Textiles, or related field is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate effectively with staff and management, and work as a team
- Dynamic and positive attitude
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop
- Team player
- Ability to take constructive criticism and incorporate feedback
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple seasons at the same time
- Strong sense of style and color with expert attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of fit, construction and fabric
- Confident presenter with strong communication skills with ability to inspire an audience
- Ability to quickly and accurately sketch to communicate ideas
- Ability to multi-task several projects at once and prioritize, as needed
We offer exceptional benefits including: medical, dental, vision, life/accident/disability, flexible spending, health savings account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and 401K
Please submit your resume, cover letter and pay requirement through Indeed or visit our Careers page on our website for consideration
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at workstations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place