Inspect finished garments prior to placement in stock warehouse, or shipping. This job is performed in a manufacturing environment.
Education: Previous inspection or quality experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Count pieces to confirm number matches bundle ticket or paperwork.
- Match care label against paperwork to ensure correct style, size and color.
- Confirm embellishment design matches paperwork (look at placement, adherence, color, and consistency)
- Measure neck, arms, legs and waist, and confirm that length of long sleeves match each other. Ensure all measurements match paperwork.
- Ensure seams have consistent stitching and that all seams are intact.
- Set aside any garments that do not pass inspection for collection by supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to accurately perform simple measurements.
- Ability to accurately count items.
- Ability to discern colors and shades.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and management.
- Constant sitting.
- Manual dexterity to handle garments.