Reading, PA 19604
Want to be a part of the brand that is the Choice of Champions? Take your career to the next level and join Elite Sportswear, the world leader in gymnastics apparel manufacturing! For over 35 years we have been committed to creating high quality garments and hiring high quality employees. If you are looking for an exciting employment opportunity with a growing, team-oriented company, you’ve come to the right place.
Join Elite Sportswear and help create the products worn by the US National Team, International Olympians, and World Champions. We are looking for a Senior Sales Analystto join the Elite Team at our Reading Headquarters.
The Senior Sales Analyst is a key position within the company and is responsible for forecasting, analyzing and reporting on sales and gross margin on a product, customer, channel and company basis. The position will work alongside finance, demand planning, operations, sales and product teams to implement a robust and thorough short and medium-term reporting, forecasting and analysis process for channel and product performance with clear and insightful conclusions and recommendations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Product, channel & customer profitability:
- Partner with sales, marketing and operations to establish weekly and monthly sales and margin performance reports by product category that compare to budget and forecasts
- Establish reports and analysis of product categories and customers across all channels that shows and track key performance metrics of the categories
- Analyze and report on product and channel contribution understanding all direct sales and marketing costs with comparisons to PY and forecasts
- Pricing – work with the sales and marketing team to review and ensure product, category and channel pricing across all channels is in line with company margin goals
- Partners with business unit leaders to analyze ProAds, discounts and other marketing initiatives to ensure agreed upon contribution with retro review and appraisal
- Partners with E-commerce leaders to review customer direct marketing initiatives, costs and results
- Utilizing sales and purchase forecasts, assist demand planning team members with forecasting inventory, by category reporting on inventory turns, risks and opportunities
- Serves as a key member of the monthly Open to Buy and demand planning meetings providing insight and analysis on inventory forecasts, liabilities and opportunities by category, location and purchasing
- Works with the Costing & Inventory Accounting team to provide quarterly analysis of required inventory reserve accounts based on NRV versus cost comparisons and SKU performance
- Product set-up – assist as needed with ensuring a robust process is in place to ensure new products are set up within company systems with approved pricing
- Business unit planning processes – review and analyze sales, margin and the consolidation of results across all channels to be able to drive the sales and margin forecasting processes
- Assist in tracking and reporting on freight costs – air, sea and land – inbound and outbound reporting on recovery and cost levels
- Financial Reporting – with other members of the finance and accounting groups review monthly financial reports and ensure that all activities are consistently and accurately reported.
- Bachelor’s Degree in financial planning, accounting or related program
- Three to five years of sales analysis training with a consumer product distribution, retail company or manufacturing environment required
- Strong organizational skills with a passion to learn the business and not just the numbers
- Ability to communicate effectively and pro-actively with both financial and non-financial colleagues to improve overall business performance
- Ability to be a key leader in a dynamic, data-focused organization
- Highly resourceful and very strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft office skills, including MS Project, Excel, Word
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirement through Indeed.
Elite Sportswear offers a competitive benefits package for FT employees including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and 401K retirement plan.