Reading, PA 19604
Want to be a part of the brand that is the Choice of Champions? Take your career to the next level and join Elite Sportswear, the world leader in gymnastics apparel manufacturing! For over 35 years we have been committed to creating high quality garments and hiring high quality employees. If you are looking for an exciting employment opportunity with a growing, team-oriented company, you’ve come to the right place.
Join Elite Sportswear and help create the products worn by the US National Team, International Olympians, and World Champions. We are currently looking for an Embroidery Machine Operator to join the Elite Team at our Reading Headquarters.
Operate computerized embroidery machine to apply applications to garments in an efficient manner while meeting quality standards. This job is performed in a manufacturing environment.
- Operate embroidery machine
- Retrieve files and enter data into computer
- Check production paperwork for embroidery instructions and set up machine for proper thread color, placement, and design
- Measure and frame garments to embroidery specifications for proper placement
- Trim embroidery threads and remove from completed work
- Inspect and report any defects or mechanical problems to the Production Supervisor
Skills and Abilities:
- Basic reading and writing skills and ability to follow written and verbal instruction
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and management
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize work assignments
- Prior embroidery experience preferred
- Frequent walking within a small radius – 90%
- Frequently seated for long periods of time. – 90% (when trimming)
- Standing for long periods of time. 90% (when embroidering)
- Occasional bending and stooping. 10%
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 15 pounds. 10 %
- Manual dexterity to hoop garments and thread machine 90 %
- Repetitive movement of fingers and hands on computer keyboard 5 %