Reading, PA 19604
Want to be a part of the brand that is the Choice of Champions? Take your career to the next level and join Elite Sportswear, the world leader in gymnastics apparel manufacturing! For over 35 years we have been committed to creating high quality garments and hiring high quality employees. If you are looking for an exciting employment opportunity with a growing, team-oriented company, you’ve come to the right place.
Join Elite Sportswear and help create the products worn by the US National Team, International Olympians, and World Champions. We are currently hiring for a Strategic Sourcing Specialist at our Reading Headquarters.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Sourcing, this position will be accountable for Elite Sportswear’s procurement of selected commodities and products. This will include strategic sourcing, procurement leveraging, spend management, supplier quality and development, business process, and the development of sustainable strategic sourcing and outsourcing partnerships. The mission is to develop strategic sourcing and procurement strategies and practices to effectively reap maximum value across Elite Sportswear’s entire supply chain for selected commodities and products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilize a world-class procurement process focused on management of the selected supply base and lowering the company’s cost structures to enhance operating income margins, reduce supply chain risk, enable top line growth, increase stakeholder value
- Formulate a global sourcing and procurement strategic plan for selected commodities/products that will capture total procurement value to sustain a competitive edge
- Work closely with the Director of Strategic Sourcing to capture the synergistic opportunities identified in the Elite Sportswear Integration Initiatives
- Develop procurement and supply chain performance metrics around applicable areas: cost reduction, quality, capacity, customer feedback, supplier evaluations and scorecards, etc.
- Review and determine best-in-class sources of supply that fulfills and can exceed the company’s requirements across business needs
- Develop a model to observe key spending trends, cost drivers, market factors, and geographic considerations for selected commodities/products to implement sourcing strategies to control material costs and assure an adequate supply of goods and services
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Experience in the following functions: strategic sourcing, procurement, logistics, materials management, and supply chain planning
- International procurement experience, particularly in Central and South America and Asia, including low-cost sourcing/supply chain strategies and execution
- A strong network/knowledge of secondary and tertiary sources in contractor apparel and fabric manufacturing, preferred
- Must have exceptional skills in: communication, leadership, analytics and problem solving, and a strong business acumen
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of pertinent procurement experience, highly preferably in the apparel industry
How to Apply:
- Submit your resume and cover letter (with salary expectations) via Indeed