Reading, PA 19604
Want to be a part of the brand that is the Choice of Champions? Take your career to the next level and join Elite Sportswear, the world leader in gymnastic apparel manufacturing! For 35 years we have been committed to creating high quality garments and hiring high quality employees. If you are looking for an exciting employment opportunity with a growing, team-oriented company, you’ve come to the right place.
Join Elite Sportswear and help create the products worn by the US National Team, International Olympians, and World Champions. We are currently looking for a Decoration Manager to join the Elite Team at our Reading Headquarters.
We are seeking an experienced Promotional Products/Decorations Manager to join our team. Candidates with a proven track record of providing promotional solutions with background in value-add applications of embroidery, tackle & twill, crystals, sequins, imprinting and sublimation to stock apparel will find an extraordinary opportunity to grow their career here Elite Sportswear. We are looking for a detail-oriented person to be part of our team. This person will have the opportunity to define and manage value-add decorations process from the front-end through manufacturing and distribution. The right candidate will need to possess the ability to wear many hats, be self-motivated and a problem solver. Competitive compensation and benefits, and a highly engaged entrepreneurial office culture, are all offered.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process definition and management for complete value-add/promotional process
- Team with Sourcing group for extensive promotional products research/sourcing through selection of suitable vendors
- Obtain and calculate costing and production information
- Manage and maintain customer orders and deadlines
- Review vendor billing for accuracy
- Demonstrate high levels of customer service and detail to develop long lasting and positive customer experience
- Sustain flexibility and professionalism when dealing with changing needs and wants of the customer as well as changing needs and priorities within the company
- Oversee all aspects of order completion, including art, proofs, production timeline, order logistics, and on-time delivery.
- Expedite operations that delay or alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
- Partner with domestic vendors, internal staff and other creative team members to keep all orders on schedule.
- Manage domestic vendor production schedules; keeping vendors on schedule to meet strict deadlines
- Work with vendors to receive pre-production samples and digital proofs
- Develop, prioritize, and review production schedules to organize a plan of action for any capacity/material constraints and prioritize production based on ship date, SAM’s, and functional operating capacities
- Coordinate production schedules with all pre-prep areas (production design, graphic arts, digitizing) to insure a consistent and timely flow of orders through the production process
- Review and manage program KPI’s to drive productivity throughout the process
- Record and review monthly metrics with each department supervisor to stimulate maximum working efficiency
- Build and reduce head counts that correspond to the future demand requirements
- Team with Demand Planner to ensure scheduled production is in alignment with forecasted stock needs
- Work directly with the Commercial teams to ensure new styles are production ready and allow proper lead times for both domestic and contracted value-add production
- Manage inventory levels, schedules, and availability of selected stock items to meet production schedules
- Communicate with manufacturing personnel daily to resolve and document any stops in the production work cells
- 3 or more years in the promotional products apparel industry.
- Promotional products industry knowledge, is a must
- Familiarity with apparel, embroidery, crystals, sequins, screen printing and sublimation decorations methods
- Experience in working with domestic and offshore embellishment suppliers
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- We are looking for a creative thinker with the ability to contribute fresh ideas
- Self-motivated individual with a positive and productive attitude
- Ability to work independently as well as in team settings
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint plus the ability to learn new programs easily
- BS Degree or equivalent required
How to Apply:
- Submit your resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) via Indeed
Elite Sportswear offers a competitive benefits package for FT employees including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and 401K retirement plan.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt