San Diego, CA 92128
Want to be a part of the brand that is the Choice of Champions? Take your career to the next level and join Elite Sportswear’s Omni Cheer division! If you are looking for an exciting employment opportunity with a growing, team-oriented company, you’ve come to the right place.
We are looking for an Apparel/Accessory Designer to join the Elite Team in our Omni Cheer San Diego office.
Under the direction of the Merchandising Manager, the Apparel/Accessory Designer will design products that combine necessary trend, material, and market research into a viable product line. The Designer should have strong technical knowledge of garment construction to independently complete tech packs / production matrix and work collaboratively with the Senior Designer throughout style development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create designs, illustrations, CADs, layout based on research and analysis of seasonal trends
- Develop technical packaging for Apparel, Accessories and Footwear in Illustrator
- Work with Domestic and Overseas vendors to communicate new design concepts and execute through to production
- Design graphics for custom concepts, graphic tees, and product packaging
- Research industry and competitors for new information
- Participate in fittings and communicate comments/concerns to vendors as necessary
- Create and communicate visual presentations internally and externally
- Track a design schedule to ensure a timely completion following the product development calendar
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design (Apparel), or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of related professional experience in apparel design
- Expertise in flat sketching
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong knowledge of product costs and impact of design
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and follow through a must
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
How to Apply:
- Submit your resume with salary requirements via Indeed
Elite Sportswear offers a competitive benefits package for FT employees including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and 401K retirement plan.