Reading, PA 19604
Want to be a part of the brand that is the Choice of Champions? Take your career to the next level and join Elite Sportswear, the world leader in gymnastics apparel manufacturing! For over 35 years we have been committed to creating high quality garments and hiring high quality employees. If you are looking for an exciting employment opportunity with a growing, team-oriented company, you’ve come to the right place.
Join Elite Sportswear and help create the products worn by the US National Team, International Olympians, and World Champions. We are looking for a Copywriter to join the Elite Team at our Reading Headquarters.
The Copywriter will be responsible for creating marketing copy for all customer-facing communications (B2C and B2B) for the GK and Dolfin brands and retail outlets. Working in partnership with the eCommerce, Marketplace, and Creative teams, the Copywriter will ensure a consistent brand voice across all platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help establish brand voice, messaging, and content guidelines
- Compose a wide range of copy for Dolfin and GK brands, including, but not limited to product descriptions, printed and digital adverts, printed collateral and catalogs, presentations, online content, and media releases
- Write persuasive, SEO friendly content for product pages, emails, blogs, and landing pages to influence consumer purchases across eCommerce platforms
- Partner closely with the Marketing and Creative team to brainstorm campaign and copy ideas
- Proof and edit copy to ensure there are no errors before releasing to Design, Web, and retailers
- Use research to understand sport lingo and product information, leveraging internal resources (sales team, design, product development, etc.) as necessary
- Maintain authentic brand voice using brand style guides supplied for each product line and brand partnership (i.e. Disney, Athlete Collections, etc.)
- Partner with Marketing, product line managers, and Design to develop process to obtain necessary copy inputs (i.e. product information)
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Advertising, Journalism or related field
- 4+ years’ of copywriting experience, preferably in fashion, retail or consumer packaged goods industry
- Versatile writing skills ranging from creative to journalistic to technical
- Ability to write in multiple brand voices
- Experience in writing SEO-friendly copy
- Experience writing and developing printed and digital content in both B2B and B2C uses
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Exceptional grammar, writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills
- Ability to convey a “team first” mentality; has a collaborative nature
- Detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
- Ability to review and interpret information in order to perform duties
- Must be able to provide examples of work
How to Apply:
- Submit your resume with salary requirements via Indeed
Elite Sportswear offers a competitive benefits package for FT employees including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and 401K retirement plan.