Want to be a part of the brand that is the Choice of Champions? Take your career to the next level and join Elite Sportswear, the world leader in gymnastics apparel manufacturing! For over 35 years we have been committed to creating high quality garments and hiring high quality employees. If you are looking for an exciting employment opportunity with a growing, team-oriented company, you’ve come to the right place.
Join Elite Sportswear and help create the products worn by the US National Team, International Olympians, and World Champions. We are currently hiring for an IT Director at our Reading Home Office.
The IT Director is responsible for the overall planning, organizing and execution of all IT functions. This includes hands-on directing IT operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions. Analyzes the needs of the different departments and determines the best approach to meet overall business objectives by modifying processes or developing new processes. This position will report to our CTO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees day-to-day on the ground IT projects ensuring delivery to end-users.
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions
- Monitors and maintains applicable PCI compliance standards for the company and its customers
- Directs operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Produces detailed time line for each application release and implements effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status
- Directs and prioritizes the work load of IT personnel, work with computer support specialists to ensure timely and professional customer service.
- Implements best practices and technological advancements that best suit the company objectives
- Reviews all designs, code and unit test plans where applicable
- Approves all business requirements prior to the technical solution
- Drives all business process enhancements and innovations
- Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts
- Represent the IT function at business review meetings
- Makes recommendations and establishes IT project priorities to Executive Management on a consistent and ongoing basis
- Directs education programs for IT staff
- Perform liaison duties between users, operations and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting
- Performs interviews and makes recommendations for new hires, consultants and/or replacement personnel
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- MBA with an emphasis in technology preferred
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience leading and directing IT teams
- Experience in implementing effective and innovative software development methodologies
- Operations experience in a production environment
- Proven ability to lead a progressive IT team
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and motivate professional staff
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Understanding of general business and ERP System issues
- Experience in the following technologies/products
- Infor M3 ERP experience
- Manages firewalls, VPN, terminal services, switches and routers
- Manages the testing and the distribution of security patches to clients. Also remedy any threats to the desktop environment (ie. Virus, spyware, malware, etc.)
- Manages hardware, software and/or network operating problems
- Establish and maintain a solid SQL server database backup and recovery plan
- Manage Company’s ERP system patch releases including testing and troubleshooting
- Create and maintain system documentation of all production systems as required
- Working knowledge of IIS, MSSQL and Windows server 2008, Active Directory, Exchange Server
- Good understanding of TSQL, SQL Perfmon, SQL Profiler, Log Shipping and Replication
- Transact-SQL (TSQL) and stored procedure coding skills
- Knowledge of backup and Anti-virus programs such as VERITAS and Symantec corporate edition
- Working knowledge of DN, DHCP, SMTP and server technologies
How to Apply:
- Submit your resume via Indeed
Elite Sportswear offers a competitive benefits package for FT employees including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and a 401K retirement plan.