Want to be a part of the brand that is the Choice of Champions? Take your career to the next level and join Elite Sportswear, the world leader in gymnastics apparel manufacturing! For over 35 years we have been committed to creating high quality garments and hiring high quality employees. If you are looking for an exciting employment opportunity with a growing, team-oriented company, you’ve come to the right place.
Join Elite Sportswear and help create the products worn by the US National Team, International Olympians, and World Champions. We are currently hiring for numerous Sewing Machine Operator openings at our Reading Headquarters.
The Sewing Machine Operator will operate a sewing machine to construct garments. This job is performed in a manufacturing environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate a sewing machine
- Check special order paperwork versus garment, embellishment, or stock piece-rate tickets for sewing instructions
- Monitor machine stitch for quality and make machine adjustments where applicable
- Fill out daily paper work and report any defects or mechanical problems
- Previous sewing experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate
- Must have the ability to discern colors and shades
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and management
- Ability to complete tasks with a moderate amount of supervision
- Ability to read and write and do simple computation
- This position requires being seated for long periods of time, occasional bending and stooping, frequent lifting and carrying up to 15 pounds, manual dexterity to manipulate fabric, and repetitive movement of fingers and hands
- A clean, air-conditioned facility on the Barta bus route
- The opportunity to help create garments worn at the highest level of competition
- A friendly work environment
How to Apply:
- Submit your application via Indeed
Elite Sportswear offers a competitive benefits package for FT employees including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and 401K retirement plan.