Reading, PA 19604
Want to be a part of the brand that is the Choice of Champions? Take your career to the next level and join Elite Sportswear, the world leader in gymnastics apparel manufacturing! For over 35 years we have been committed to creating high quality garments and hiring high quality employees. If you are looking for an exciting employment opportunity with a growing, team-oriented company, you’ve come to the right place.
Join Elite Sportswear and help create the products worn by the US National Team, International Olympians, and World Champions. We are looking for a Computer Support Specialist to join the Elite Team at our Reading Headquarters.
In this entry-level role, the Computer Support Specialist will provide technical assistance and training to system users company-wide. Investigating and resolving computer software and hardware problems, the Computer Support Specialist will answer users’ inquiries concerning the use of computer hardware and software (including printing, word processing, programming languages, electronic mail, and operating systems). This is a perfect role for recent graduates of IT programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications
- Confer with staff, users, and management to determine requirements for new systems or modifications
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to determine the nature of problems and provide technical assistance
- Develop training materials and procedures, and conduct training programs
- Enter commands and observe system functions to verify correct operations and detect errors
- Test and monitor software, hardware, and peripheral equipment to evaluate use, effectiveness, and adequacy of product
- Prepare evaluations of software and hardware; submit recommendations to management for review
- Refer major hardware or software problems and defective products to vendors or technicians for service
- Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems, remedial action taken, and installation activities
- Conduct office automation feasibility studies, including workflow analysis, space design, and cost comparison analysis
- Read trade magazines and technical manuals; attend conferences and seminars to maintain knowledge of hardware and software
- Supervise and coordinate workers engaged in problem-solving, monitoring, and installing data communication equipment and software
- Have a working knowledge of common information technologies and systems
- Manage multiple projects while simultaneously maintaining high customer service standards
- Communicate complex concepts to a general audience
- Troubleshoot common IT problems
- High School Diploma required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Math, Computer Science, or a related discipline (preferred)
How to Apply:
- Submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements via Indeed
Elite Sportswear offers a competitive benefits package for FT employees including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and 401K retirement plan.